Featured Post

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye...And Hello Again!

After more than a year of using my website's native blog feature, I regret that it just doesn't work for me.  :-(  There are many ...

May 16, 2017

Watercolor Mermaid Painting in Time Lapse Video

I want to be...where the people are.. I mean fishes are...
I love mermaids!  The Little Mermaid has been a staple of my existence for longer than I can remember.  I grew up first seeing the Live Action video on VHS from Shelley Duvall's Fairytale Theatre.  In it, the original storyline is used from the Hans Christian Anderson book where the mermaid dies in the end because she'd rather not have to kill the prince to return home when he falls in love with another girl.  SO SAD!  I was delighted to have a happy ending when Disney's came out, but I can't deny the effect the original had on me.

Anyway, MerMay is going around so I thought it would be a good time to put out a new time lapse video of me painting a mermaid in blue and green watercolors. For highlights and pearls I used GellyRoll's gel ink pen.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment