Featured Post

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye...And Hello Again!

After more than a year of using my website's native blog feature, I regret that it just doesn't work for me.  :-(  There are many ...

October 23, 2012

Dallas Comic Con

This year I got to attend the Dallas Comic Con at Irving Convention Center.  This was my first con, and I had a great time.  The real reason I attended was to get the chance to meet one of my favorite celebrities Felicia Day!  She's an inspiration and as I found out an incredibly sweet and genuine person.

Felicia Day as RPG character Codex
Felicia Day as "Codex" from her awesome web series The Guild


I got to meet some industry folks as well in the Artist Alley.  I spoke with Rob Thornton whose work can be seen here.  We had a good conversation about keeping a portfolio and breaking into the biz.   I also got to meet Thomas Dougherty an upcoming illustration artist with a published children's book.

I spent way too much money, but walked away with bags full of inspiration.  It was great seeing all the costumes and effort fans put forth.  It was fun to talk to new people who understood what it meant to be a geek or nerd, etc, and feel genuinely free to be different.  I can't wait to go next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment