Featured Post

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye...And Hello Again!

After more than a year of using my website's native blog feature, I regret that it just doesn't work for me.  :-(  There are many ...

April 6, 2015

This Artist's Way

I've been inspired to write here after reading a great article about promoting your art through blogging.  It's almost funny that I thought I was doing this all the whole time!  It hasn't always worked the way I want it to but after reading this article I found perhaps the missing piece.  The person behind the art! 

Perhaps I thought of this as a simple portfolio blog where I could post all of my ramblings and progress shots of work I'm doing, but maybe it can be more. I'm not sure I can always be inspired, but collecting my thoughts and writing them here may prove useful. 

With that in mind, I've begun to revisit one of my favorite books about creativity, The Artists Way by Julia Cameron.  In it I have tapped into some confidence in my work that I've searched for every time I hit the page.  Creativity is a powerful force that is ever present and waiting on you.   I can't recommend this book enough.  

Some ideas that come to mind are the ups and downs of my relationship.  "Drama belongs on the page, not in your life" Cameron states.  There being a new beau I find myself in many conflicting states of mind, and often he sees this on my face.  I don't mean to be insecure but at moments I am weak.  I began a series not long ago about my feelings for a friend who was in love with a mutual friend, rather, my best friend.  It seemed like high school fodder the way it all played out but in the end I realized more about myself than I thought was possible.
 
While I feel I'm moved past many of those issues that were the cause of so much heartache, I am finding many of the same insecurities are still there.  This may be a good time to revisit this series I never found the heart to finish, and maybe in the process find a resting place for old thoughts and emotions.  I also believe it's important to trust one's instincts and finish what's been started.  While it might not be easy, I look forward to a sense of accomplishment with that particular body of work, and closure on these personal issues. 


2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! I'm new ish to blogging... and happened to run into your blog. I am thankful for the reading recommendation... and I look forward to hearing more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog and thanks for share your a good piece of content with us.

    ReplyDelete