Featured Post

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye...And Hello Again!

After more than a year of using my website's native blog feature, I regret that it just doesn't work for me.  :-(  There are many ...

October 1, 2009

3D Watercolor- Project 3

-Shadows, Reflected Color, and Construction-

In this project, shadows and reflected color had to be half of our overall composition, we could not use traditional painting surface (watercolor paper), and we had to represent something unseen.

I chose to depict the human aura. My original plan was to create a moving ball of transparent material and paint, and have it shine on a person, casting a shadow surrounded by color and movement. As we only had a week for this project, constructing such a machine was going to take longer than I had, so I came up with a simple solution that would convey my idea. It was more of a concept, and came out looking like a pinwheel toy which was kind of fun.

I painted on unused cd protectors, clipped them to a wooden disc, which I attached to a dowel rod, to make it spin. Below are the pictures of the protectors. I really like how they came out, but they were very fragile pieces of thin plastic and some tore during assembly. :(





No comments:

Post a Comment