Featured Post

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye...And Hello Again!

After more than a year of using my website's native blog feature, I regret that it just doesn't work for me.  :-(  There are many ...

September 26, 2009

Sculpture Studio-Bronze


In Sculpture we'll be learning to make a small sculpture out of bronze. Its a lengthy process that will take about 6 weeks. I immediately knew that I wanted to do something personal for this assignment after seeing and becoming inspired by the work of Kim Obrzut. She does bronze sculptures based on her Hopi heritage. They are usually of women carrying out ancient traditions and celebrating the culture.

So my take on this will be a woman inspired by my own mother. I sketched this while I was at work thinking about what to do. It may or may not change, but I do love this sketch, and I'll admit I teared up a little while doing it. LOVE YOU MOM! Hehe. The woman carries 3 babies on her back and armfuls of corn and wheat. I can't wait to get started on this!


No comments:

Post a Comment