Featured Post

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye...And Hello Again!

After more than a year of using my website's native blog feature, I regret that it just doesn't work for me.  :-(  There are many ...

September 9, 2009

3D Watercolor



So I did really well on my critique in 3-d Watercolor. The assignment was to create 10 small sculptures using harmony and variety. I didn't really have any idea what I was going to do, and I didn't really plan any of the pieces, so I just started out painting in the same 2 colors and black and white, hoping that would create the harmony for me, and then I just had fun with the cutting and folding till it made something.

I didn't think they would go over so well, but the professor asked me to display, and I was the only one he asked. That's super awesome considering I stayed up all night and morning finishing them up!

There were many works that were interactive and really unique, but I guess mine just stood out as more of a collection. They were likened to Pre-Columbian art and yet were very contemporary. That makes my day.









No comments:

Post a Comment